FIRST AID WORKSHOP
Growing up with dogs and being in remote locations with zero access to a veterinarian doctor, a first aid kit was a mandate at home. That habit never died! Basic first aid for dogs, whether you are travelling or at home for wee hour emergencies is a must have. The workshop invites leading city Veterinarians as guest speakers. We help you prepare a first aid kit with medicines for fever, allergies, vomiting or diarrhoea etc. Medicines to attend to your dogs and puppies immediately before you reach the doctor. We focus on teaching owners the following procedures:
• How to give a pill to your dog?
• How to check your dogs fever and learning the right temperature?
• How to conduct a Heimlich manoeuver and save in time a chocking dog (small and large breed?
• CPR in dogs.
• Knowing your dogs weight and the importance of that.
• What all to keep in the basic medicine kit?
• What to do immediately before reaching the vet, when a dog has a seizure?
• The procedures to follow when travelling with dogs
• How often should you deworm a dog? Why is deworming important?
• Remove ticks from a dog.
• Clean the dog’s ears safely.
• Which medicine to administer in wee hour emergencies, specially in a country like India where most cities are not equipped with 24 hrs emergency rooms purely for small animals and our dogs?
• Q & A to further help the owners.